Sunday, April 26, 2009

Why Honors???

In one of our last classes, Dr. Mitchell posed the question "Why Honors?" As I thought about it, the only logical answer I could come up with was "Why not Honors?" It is a class like no other. I personally was a little hesitant about taking the class. Now I can't imagine how bored I would be in a regular English class. The topics of our discussions sometimes leave me wondering, but it is that curiosity that provokes me to continue to dig and learn more about the subjects. Of course, our lively teachers probably have something to do with that too. While the course can be a bit challenging at times and difficult to juggle with my other classes, it has proven to be worth while and, believe it or not, enjoyable. I mean, in what other class do you get to build a full-size trebuchet or perform "A Midsummer Night's Dream"? The Medieval Madness is contagious. Once you've gotten the "Honors Plague", there's no turning back.

No comments:

Post a Comment