Sunday, April 26, 2009

"Don't you believe that there is in man a deep so profound as to be hidden even to him in whom it is?" ~St. Augustine

My first year in Honors has been such an incredible blessing, for I have had to dig deep within myself to discover what I truly believe about GOD, humanity, nature....truth. When I read this quote from St. Augustine, I grew incredibly excited; these words summarize a thought I've had in my heart this entire year. While I have "dug deep" my freshman year on the search for truth, I have wondered if there are questions inside me that I don't even realize but that I still seek to find answer. It's comforting to know that there is One Who knows the questions, the answers, and the path I must take to find them...to find Himself in Whom all answers are found. He knows my heart, He knows my desire, and He is Truth.

As C.S. Lewis said, "All find what they truly seek." So I will continue to search, whether I am aware of my questions or not....they may be hidden even from myself, but never from the One who put the longing to search within me. He always finishes what He begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment