Friday, April 24, 2009

Musings of a Lover

Me again. This post will be a bit deeper, but first I want to say that the play people did amazing. Good job guys.

Being out in the woods watching A Midsummer's Night Dream at dusk really drove home the what Dr. Mitchell has talked about with the "realm of the fae", the space between civilization and nature.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who noticed that there was something about sitting on the ground eating barbaque with mosquitoes attacking you. We stayed fairly late after the play was over just talking; it was fun and different. Something that we, as moderns, don't do enough of. I'm pretty sure I learned more about my classmates and teachers over those few hours than I have all semester.

Maybe if people left their nice, sterile, simplistically complex lives to visit the "realm of the fae" more often we could learn more about ourselves and each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment