Sunday, April 26, 2009

Medieval Maps

Before I started elementary school, I had the misconception that the entire world consisted of Mobile. As I got older, I learned about Alabama. Then the United States. Then North America. And eventually every part of the world. Looking back, I feel so retarded for thinking that the world was just one giant continent that consisted of Alabama.

I took a lot of notes and drew pictures of the maps on the powerpoint presentation when we had the class about Medieval Maps. These maps made me feel a lot better about my childhood misconception. I realized that people in Medieval times were not able to travel, so the only world they knew of was wherever they lived. Now I understand why they created maps that didn't have every continent on it.

I feel blessed to live in a world with so much technology because it enables us to learn about other parts of the world without actually going there. And you can access Medieval Maps like these...


No comments:

Post a Comment