Monday, February 9, 2009

A Positive Perspective


Last Thursday, Dr. Abernathy opened up a wonderful window of learning for me. She was so passionate about her subject, Dante’s Inferno, and clear in her communication, that I was positively captivated. Never in a million years did I dream that I would love to read the Inferno. Many people claim that reading it is drudgery. I however, have found true enjoyment in my readings because I look at it with a positive perspective. Thank you, Dr. Abernathy, for giving me a positive outlook on Dante. I now look for interesting details and humorous elements while I read. I am not just reading words, I am reading a story – a story full of marvelous tidbits that are so enjoyable to find and pull apart. This study is going to be fun and informative. I can’t wait to see what we will discuss next as we continue through the Inferno.

No comments:

Post a Comment