Monday, February 9, 2009

Evolution of Evil

While thinking over what I was going to post this week I came upon an odd thought. When I think of evil what do I see? The image I came up with was of an intelligent man in a nice suit, handsome features, and a charming personality. Doesn't seem evil does it? Yet that's the style many villains of various mediums seem to have now.

It's completely different than the idea of the mideval where evil was a monstrous parasite; something that a person shouldn't even want to look at. But now evil has become sexy, alluring in its danger.

I can't help but wonder how that happened. Was it because a villain was first created like that as a warning that evil can disguise itself, and then culture just ran with it? Or something else?

No comments:

Post a Comment