Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Rock Band Correlation

So far, "Confessions" has really surprised me. At the beginning, it reminded me of a
section from "It's all Downhill from Here" by Andrew Schwalb. In this particular
section, he confessed every sin he had committed in the past twenty-four hours. That
was my original "Confessions". Andrew Schwalb is the lead singer of one of my favorite
bands, Project 86. He has always been sort of a hero of mine, which made it all the
harder to read. To see an idol become human before your eyes is a concept often
presented, but rarely well. Only real world examples come to mind. St. Augustine
surprised me with these confessions. People these days have trouble writing sins in
diaries, let alone public works. It actually gave me a good idea for a Bible study. I
could get everyone at my Bible study to write down the worst thought they had that week
and put it in a hat. At random, I could draw from the hat and read it. Of course, this
would never work. Most people would write something subtle. One or two would write
something slightly more realistic. I doubt that any one of them would be honest though.
Regardless, this book has made me think a lot and I enjoy it. I haven't enjoyed a
required English course book since my junior year of high school. (To Kill a Mockingbird)

I'm so glad we're on blogspot.com. I already have two blogs on here. This will be my third.

No comments:

Post a Comment